December 16, 2008



danielle pafunda





*




On the Bearskin Rug in Front of the Fire I Construct the Following Tableau:




Down so long that down does not even look like up from below, here, a braided cell. A string rag band, a sluicing of dull old assembly of dull old limbs, fore to aft, and shin to spinet, a small electric organ, and even the variety show known as legs hooked behind back, ear to thigh, the swift crotch. A diagram in ash and jimmies says here’s to fuck it ‘til you reel again. Narrate: Whatever. Unhhhh.




On the Bearskin Rug in Front of the Fire I Construct the Following Tableau:



The undead shirk, circle, shirk in their Bondo-clogged antennae hole. Here's a bosom town on the skids. Here's a big hole in the crush rag where the undead stuff their 1994. Over here, I'm gonna pin up that tongue that used to lick me far and wide and I'm gonna apple soak it and I'm gonna go more red in the face than green. Narrate: Better. Bitters.




*



Danielle Pafunda is the author of My Zorba (Bloof Books), Pretty Young Thing (Soft Skull Press), and the forthcoming Iatrogenic: Their Testimonies (Noemi Books). She is co-editor of the online journal La Petite Zine, and teaches women’s studies, creative writing, and English literature at the University of Wyoming.

No comments: